The Pacific Crest half marathon is only 2 days away!! I’m getting really excited and feel pretty good about how I trained. I didn’t follow my training plan exactly and I could have done more long runs but, overall, I feel way better prepared than last year. I did my last workout yesterday – I taught Cardio30 and Group Centergy – so today and tomorrow are rest days. I also got stretched by a Flexibility trainer at work. She loosened up my hips and hamstrings, so I’m feeling fresh and ready to go!
Yesterday, I realized that I’ve been eating like crap this week …a week that I should probably focus on eating well. Oops! So today I made a big bowl of delicious, clean Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad.
I adapted the recipe from the nutrition plan we offer at work. The original recipe calls for whole wheat penne pasta, grilled chicken cut up into bite sized pieces, and fresh spinach. I wanted to add a few more veggies to make up for my lack of good eating earlier in the week, so I added red bell peppers and cucumber. The Caesar dressing tastes amazing and is completely clean! I’ll even be so kind as to share the recipe:
1/3 cup Greek yogurt
1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp olive oil
Mmmm! YUM! I made enough for dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow.
Since the run is in Sunriver, 3 hours away, Brandon and I are planning to leave in the afternoon tomorrow and spend the week in Central Oregon with my parents and bros. My oldest little bro is actually working over there for the summer as a bike policeman. Can’t wait to take a pic of him in his uniform! He’ll prob hate it, but that’s what a big sis is for!
Tonight, I started packing all the essentials for race day:
- Vega Sport Pre-Workout Energizer and my Drink Click blender bottle for before the race
- Clif shots for during the race
- Gatorade for after the race.
- Foam roller and rolling stick to baby those muscles when I’m done.
- Claritin because I have mad allergies and I want to be able to actually breathe during the race (I heard somewhere that breathing is important when running).
- New running belt! I bought it today because my arm band for my iPhone is too small now that I have the iPhone5 and because I can put my Clif shots in it …. also, having a belt over an arm band will eliminate arm band tan lines – yuck!
- Peanut butter because you should just never leave home without it!
I’ll pack my clothes for the weekend after work tomorrow, then we’ll be ready to head over the mountain!
Linking up with Katie Did What!
What are your race day essentials?
Do you have any races coming up?
What are your plans for the weekend??