Yesterday, for our Girls on the Run lesson, we talked about gratitude and what it means to reflect on the things we’re thankful for. The girls had to run silently, by themselves to practice being alone with their thoughts.
Today, in honor of yesterday’s lesson, I decided to take some time to sit quietly with my thoughts and reflect on the things I’m thankful for. Since it’s my 26th birthday today, I’m going to list 26 things I’m thankful for. What better way to celebrate being a year older than to take a look at my life and appreciate all the good things in it!
1. That Christ died for ME and forgives my sins.
2. My sweet, funny, smart, talented husband who makes me feel so loved and cared for (he got up before 7am to make me french toast for breakfast).
3. An amazing family that enjoys spending time together… And is sometimes a little crazy. :p
4. Wonderful in-laws who treat me as their very own and are so loving and generous.
5. My adorable kitty, Lucy.
6. Owning our own home that, despite being under construction at the moment, is turning into a beautiful place to live.
7. Awesome coworkers who make work fun.
8. Sunshine on my birthday!!!!
9. Coffee (and free coffee on my birthday!!!)
10. Chocolate, of course.
11. Soft, snuggly blankets on a cold day.
12. Slippers (I wear mine around the house all the time!)
13. A body that can move and be active.
14. Living in Oregon, by far the prettiest state ever!
15. Pictures, so that I can look back and enjoy great memories.
16. An education.
17. Nail polish – pretty toes are a must!
18. The TV show, “The Office.” It never fails to make me laugh!
20. The color purple… And glitter
21. Peanut butter!
22. A car that, though affectionately named Chip (for obvious reasons), runs and gets me where I need to go.
23. Wonderful friends! We can be miles apart and still stay good friends.
24. My iPhone … Yeah, I know, lame… But seriously.
25. Sparkling wine
26. Cake! (After all, what’s a birthday without it??
Happy Friday, everyone!! I’m off to spend the rest of the evening with my hubby!!