Allyson, blogger at AMP Runs, nominated me for a Liebster Award. She’s a fellow #sweatpink blogger and runner and I’m touched that she nominated me for this award. Thanks, Allyson!! You should go check out her blog here!
First, I think I should explain a bit what a Liebster Award is. I’ve seen it on other blogger’s posts and, from what I gathered, I knew it was an award given to a blogger by another blogger. I also had figured out that it usually goes it a newer blogger with 200 followers or less to help that blogger get more views and followers and to welcome them to the blogging community. So sweet! I wanted to make sure that was correct, though, so I Googled it (duh – always the first step when wanting to find out more about something). Lorraine over at Wording Well explained it quite nicely and basically confirmed what I thought it was. You can read a little more in depth her description here.
On to the award. This is how it works…
The Rules of the Liebster Award:
- Thank and link the person who nominated you.
- Display the Liebster Award and the rules.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Write 11 facts about yourself.
- Nominate other bloggers (who have less than 200 followers).
- Write 11 new questions for your nominees.
11 Questions from Allyson:
1. What is the most adventurous thing you’ve done?
Hiking a 13,000 ft. mountain in Colorado. I’m not an outdoorsy girl and that’s the farthest I’ve ever hiked.
2. Where is the most beautiful place you have ever been to?
Central Oregon. The mountains are gorgeous!
3. What is your proudest moment in your life thus far?
Graduating college – I’m the first in my family to do so – and getting group fitness certified.
4. What is one goal that you have not yet met, but are working to achieve?
Being the perfect wife. Ha! Just kidding…but seriously… Being aware of the areas I need to grow in and constantly working towards becoming better.
5. In your life, what brings you the most happiness?
My family – they are the best and I love them so much!
6. What has been your biggest challenge?
Marriage. Seriously, it’s way harder than I thought it’d be. I’ve been able to see exactly how selfish I really am and it’s not a pretty sight. I’m slowly learning what it really means to put another person ahead of myself.
7. What do you like most about yourself (physical or non-physical)?
My smile. I get compliments on it. Which is good, because my parents paid a lot for it! Hear that, Mom and Dad? It was worth it!
8. If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to and why?
Medieval times. I love reading about knights and castles and lords and ladies! Though everyone probably stunk and had bad teeth, so I’m probably better off living now. Plus, I’d have probably been a commoner anyway.
9. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
Speak a second language, preferably French. I’ve bought language learning CDs and apps, but I’m not disciplined enough to teach myself.
10. You have 1 hour of free time, how do you spend it?
Reading. My Kindle is practically my best friend (pathetic? maybe).
11. Share your favorite quote.
“Be such a person, and live such a life, that if everyone were such as you, and every life a life such as yours, this earth would be God’s paradise.” -Phillips Brooks
Now for 11 facts about me!
1. I’m kind of a clean freak. When I get home, I have to pick up and put away everything that’s out of place before I can relax.
2. I love musicals!! I watch White Christmas every December…and sometimes November and January as well.
3. I hate scary or gory movies. I won’t watch them. Give me a chick flick or comedy and I’m a happy camper.
4. On that note, blood and being poked with needles makes me faint. Seriously, I passed out when I got my nose pierced and again when Brandon was getting stitches in his finger.
5. I LOVE popcorn! I eat a bag (yes, the whole bag) as a bedtime snack at least once or twice a week.
6. I love to bake…mostly because I love to eat sweets!
7. I had a perm off and on from the age of 3 through high school…..annnnnnd I have naturally curly hair. What??
8. I learned to snow ski shortly after I learned to walk.
9. I applied for a job at a coffee shop, even though I didn’t like coffee, because I loved the smell. After working at a coffee shop I’m, of course, addicted.
10. I don’t like macaroni and cheese. I know, soooo un-American.
11. I can’t stand being tickled – I freak out…..please don’t use that against me. :p
Now that you know way more about me than you probably care to, I’m going to nominate 5 other lovely bloggers. You should check them out because they’re pretty awesome.
Here are your questions:
1. If you had to eat one meal all day which would it be: breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
2. What is your favorite thing to do in your spare time?
3. Favorite drink?
4. If you could visit any place in the world, where would you go?
5. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
6. Who’s your greatest inspiration?
7. Favorite place to vacation?
8. What is one thing that you love about yourself?
9. Favorite Disney character and why?
10. What 3 words would you use to describe yourself?
11. What’s your favorite way to stay active?
Thanks for reading, guys! And check out the 5 new Liebster nominees!